What We Provide
- Careful and extensive interviews with all educators as well as reference and police checks.
- Home safety checks.
- Low ratios. An educator may care for a maximum of four children under the age of six.
- Supportive qualified coordinators.
- The opportunity for parents to choose educators that meet their needs and their childrens needs.
- An education programme for our educators, enabling them to continually improve their support of your childs learning and development.
- Flexible hours.
- A variety of playgroups and trips around the community.
- Resources for learning.
Sprouts Dannevirke alternates the weekly play-group sessions between Tuesday's and Wednesday's in order for most children to be able to attend. It generally takes place at the 'Tot's & Toddlers' play-group building, across from RD1. Approximately once a month we make the most of what our wider community has to offer by holding a playgroup session out and about.
Little Ears is a free weekly storytime programme for pre-schoolers, run during term time at the Dannevirke Library. Each session is themed to a particular topic (a list is available at the start of each term).
Children can have fun joining in with songs and movement, learning rhymes, having stories read to them, and making small craft to take home. This is a great way for you and your child to make new friends, as well as introducing your child to books.
Community preschool music sessions run by one of the educators are held each Thursday during the school term
On enrolment we encourage you to visit our Educators page; this lists our educators with current vacancies. For those you are interested in you can then contact our coordinators who will provide you with any further information you may require. The next step is arranging a visit and our coordinators can assist you in this process. You are welcome to visit with a coordinator or alone.
When you have found an educator we are able to provide assistance with settling your child into their new care environment.
For more information on enrolling your child please contact the office and pick up a parent information pack, or download by clicking the link below.
Dannevirke fees are $4.70 per hour.
20 ECE free hours are able to be used with our service. WINZ subsidies are also available. Our coordinators can provide you with the forms and information about receiving the 20 ECE hours and WINZ subsidies.