What We Provide
- Careful and extensive interviews with all educators as well as reference and police checks.
- Home safety checks.
- Low ratios. An Educator may care for a maxiumum of four children under the age of six.
- Supportive qualified co-ordinators.
- 20 ECE free hours
- The opportunity for parents to choose Educators that meet their needs and their childrens needs.
- An education programme for our Educators, enabling them to continually improve their support of your childs learning and development.
- Flexible hours.
- A variety of playgroups and trips around the community.
- Resources for learning.
When: Friday at the Tamatea Play Centre,Ranfurly Street, Tamatea, Napier 9.30am to 11.30am (run during the school term)
Hastings Play group, Monday 930 am till 1130 am
at Elim Church, the corner of Hastings St and Victoria Street Hastings.
Why we offer playgroups?
Playgroups are a great way for children to practice the fine art of getting along and socialising with others. They’re great for Educators to get together and share ideas. Offering a lot of support and social contact. Playgroups are great fun. Children will have the opportunity to sing, dance, do crafts and play with other children.
• free play where children have choices
• sand or water play
• outside play
• practice new skills and experiences
• learning to play with others
• meeting new friends
• experiencing books
• learning to share, problem solve and take turns
• socialise; this is important as it builds their self-confidence
• preparation for school
Why Playgroups are good for Educators
• meet new educators
• reduce isolation
• share concerns, ideas and experiences
• learn from other educators
Playgroups also offer
• workshop opportunities
• details of special events
• professional support
Sprouts Gym Sessions
Napier Educators: Ommi Gym - Flanders Ave, Napier
Time: Wednesdays, 9.30am -10.30am
Hastings Educators : Tumbling Tots - Hastings Sport Centre, 503 Railway Rd, Hastings 4122
Time: 10.45am - 11.30am
We believe that it is important for children to have the opportunity to practice and refine active movement skills. The Ommi Gym provides the opportunity for Sprouts children and Educators to get active and explore a variety of sport and movement equipment each week. Because of the range of equipment available these gym sessions are beneficial for children of all ages and stages of development.
Learn more about the benefits of active movement Gym Session Benefits
Each month we organise a trip to somewhere around our community. This provides an opportunity for children to connect and learn about their surrounding environment.
On enrolment we encourage you to visit our Educators page; this lists our Educators with current vacancies. For those you are interested in you can then contact our coordinators who will provide you with any further information you may require. The next step is arranging a visit and our co-ordinators can assist you in this process. You are welcome to visit with a co-ordinator or alone.
When you have found an Educator we are able to provide assistance with settling your child into their new care environment.
For more information on enrolling your child please contact the office and pick up a parent information pack, or download by clicking the link below.
Fees are $5.30 per hour.
20 ECE free hours are able to be used with our service. WINZ subsidies are also avalaible. Our co-ordinators can provide you with the forms and information about recieiving the 20 ECE hours and WINZ subsidies.
These forms can also be accessed online at the following links: