The benefits of using Sprouts In-Home Childcare
Sprouts In-home childcare helps form a strong bond and works well for many of our families in the Hawke's Bay area. Parents feel happy knowing their children are cared for in a nurturing environment and their individual needs are met. The children learn through a play-based environment.
Here are ten benefits of using Sprouts In-Home Childcare:
- Your child is able to build a secure attachment with one person on a 1:4 ratio
- Learning is individualised to your child’s needs due to the small group size.
- Your child’s individual interests and strengths can be closely followed.
- Your child’s usual home routine can be followed such as their sleep and meal times.
- Part-time and full-time care is available. There is flexibility in the hours of care to help with the needs of the families. This is particularly helpful for shift workers.
- Sprouts works well for mixed aged families as your baby and older child can be together.
- Often educators can be flexible to do pickups and drop-offs to kindergarten if required.
- Sprouts educators enjoy spontaneous outings such as the park, walks, and other group outings
- Being in-home, your child experiences activities they can do at their own home, such as hanging out the washing, going to the supermarket, collecting the mail.
- Sprouts also have gym sessions, music groups, and playgroups so your child gets to socialise with other children and adults on a weekly basis. They get to interact with the community on group outings.
What We Provide
- Careful and extensive interviews with all educators as well as reference and police checks.
- Home safety checks.
- Low ratios. An educator may care for a maximum of four children under the age of six.
- Supportive qualified coordinators.
- The opportunity for parents to choose educators that meet their needs and their childrens needs.
- An education programme for our educators, enabling them to continually improve their support of your childs learning and development.
- Flexible hours.
- A variety of playgroups and trips around the community.
- Resources for learning.
When: Tuesday and Thursday, 9.30am - 12.00pm
Where: Sprouts building, 13 Russell Street, Waipukurau
Playgroups are a time where the children are able to socialise in larger groups and have a variety of activities and resources available to them to support their learning and development. Along with the available indoor resources, the outside environment offers a large sandpit, concrete area for bike riding, and a rope course. Educators are able to use this time to meet other educators in the area and share ideas and arrange group outings. Educators can also use this time to talk with our qualified coordinator.
When: Thursdays at playgroup
Where: Sprouts Waipukurau, 13 Russell Street.
On Thursday we have access to the Scallywaggs Fun Gym where we offer a variety of resources to challenge the children’s gross motor skills and also a music session.
On enrolment we encourage you to visit our Educators page; this lists our educators with current vacancies. For those you are interested in you can then contact our coordinators who will provide you with any further information you may require. The next step is arranging a visit and our coordinators can assist you in this process. You are welcome to visit with a coordinator or alone.
When you have found an educator we are able to provide assistance with settling your child into their new care environment.
For more information on enrolling your child please contact the office and pick up a parent information pack, or download by clicking the link below.
Waipukurau fees are $4.20 per hour.
Dannevirke fees are $4.70 per hour.
20 ECE free hours are able to be used with our service. WINZ subsidies are also available. Our coordinators can provide you with the forms and information about receiving the 20 ECE hours and WINZ subsidies.